John Rewald for Mayor
Helping you make the right move
Rockhampton Region needs a fresh start & my role as Mayor will provide a fresh set of eyes within council. The civil obligations as mayor will be vital for us as a region to interact with State and Federal Governments. Lets keep moving forward by providing stability, growth & community
Vote for a fresh start this election in 2021
John Rewald for Mayor
About John Rewald
- John has lived in Rockhampton since 1998 & moved in from Blackwater.
- He has an Electrical mining background having done an apprenticeship at Moura mine in the 80’s and growing up on a small farm.
- John has owned his plane and for a little while enjoyed the freedom of aviation out in the western areas of QLD. John studied over many years gaining post trade courses & advancing his career. John is a life long learner, and having an extensive reading library, John has continued to read and study.
- From 1998 - 2002 he worked & studied to complete cert 4 in training and assessing, Work Health & Safety qualifications to progress into safety management and a ministry diploma.
- John’s Mortgage brokers course in 2000 helped him learn about banking and the finance sector, while assisting people to get out of debt & pay off their homes sooner.
- In 2001 John worked in Gladstone on a 270 million Thiess project with QAL as a training facilitator and eventually Site Safety Manger towards the end of the project.
- In 2002 the Oasis entities were started and from a very small beginning he has served the Rockhampton community over the last 18 years by chairing a number of companies/boards & having many CEO roles at the same time. In 2007 - 2008 John consulted to BHP and Dawson mine by assisting with onsite training. The 4 billion dollar project at Moura during the mining boom has been the largest project John was involved in. Handling complexity under pressure is one of Johns strengths, as he maximizes resources to finish the task at hand.
- John has travelled overseas many times to speak & help with humanitarian needs, particularly after cyclones and in poverty stricken areas such as the slums in India etc.
- John has helped many boards with leadership training and team building and has been serving on boards since the age of 26. His collaborative style of leadership has been reflected by his completed studies of a Masters Degree in Leadership graduating 2013 in Sydney. John’s ability to push through & get things done has helped him grow the organisations he has led & empower others into leadership roles.
- John has 4 adult daughters who have all left home, and is blessed with 3 grandchildren. This stage in his life he is able to work smarter & not harder & draw from the life lessons learned along the way.
- John is perfectly positioned to bring passion & energy, with a proven track record in business, communication, leadership & strategy. He is fit, healthy and able to lead our region to make things better.
- The experience from global travels has helped shape his ability to relate, communicate and appreciate diverse cultures. Rockhampton region needs new eyes and FRESH start after the dreadful year of 2020.